You are herezo
A project that is about to take off: The People, Ideas, and Things Journal. Things are still amorphous but the key process will be developing an online journal in concert with writing activities in several classes but also public and open to a larger public. I need to get down some thoughts that I'll push under the tag of PIT outcomes or big picture aspirations from Dan for the project:
- Experiment with time. Think about connections between the writing and publication processes. What happens if something goes public once every three weeks instead of six months? What should go public? How/when should items move from authors to readers to editors to publics?
- Experiment with group dynamics. What f2f and social activities and connections play out? What about the sizes of groups, motivations, and processes?
- Connect with clasrooms. The project should be co-influential with practices for teaching and learning to write.
- Innovate with social networking tools. How do tools, people, and concerns of teaching and writing participate in a remediating circuit with one another?
- Theorize about technology and social concerns. What can we say about cultural networks, conceptions of knowledge or groups, time, space, flowzones?
These are at least some of the broad goals to start thinking about.